The Jefferson County Development Corporation (JCDC) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that has been in existence since 2006, replacing the former Mount Vernon Economic Development Commission. It is funded by both public and private investment.
Although JCDC has been successful in attracting new industry and helping existing industry expand, economic development goes far beyond the relocation of a company, an advertising campaign, or a marketing mission. In its truest sense, it’s a community commitment. It is a barometer that measures just how serious a community’s leaders are about their economic well-being.
Because JCDC is a community-based membership organization, the financial support and investment of our members are the keys to our existence and success.
Promoting our members in conjunction with identifying and addressing their needs is our first priority. This leads to the creation of jobs, square footage absorption, and capital investment in our community.
RETURN ON YOUR JCDC INVESTMENT
- As an investor, you are eligible to become a board member and set the direction for the future.
- As an investor, you are invited to three luncheons per fiscal year with speakers on current topics of interest.
- As an investor, you will connect with other business leaders in the community.
- As an investor, JCDC will act as a liaison with state and local officials.
- As an investor, JCDC will make referrals to your business when appropriate.
- As an investor, you will be a part of an organization that is dedicated to growing the community
- As an investor, you will have a personal resource that understands your role in the community and can help you find solutions to your business needs.
Your financial commitment not only supports the operations of JCDC but shows increasing private sector support of economic development in your community. Your investment will show your support for the economic growth and diversity of Jefferson County.
Thank you for your consideration, support, and partnership!